If you’re as old as me, you’ll remember your mother wearing these dreadful unflattering and unfashionable jeans. The ‘Mom Jeans’ were not just cut loose and tight, they made every part of the woman’s lower half look unappealing. But it wasn’t just the jeans that were unattractive it was also the body. Let’s be real, the body that fit into the ‘Mom Jeans’ was not fit.
Back in the good old 80s it was ok to not look so hot, once you got to 30, had kids forget about looking hot. That was for girls in there 20’s – WRONG! Legs without shape, or tone, no musculature, a lack of lines, or tightness, and a butt that understood gravity oh too well was just fine for women. Frumpy and dumpy was sexy right? But beyond sexy, sagging legs are not healthy, it means you carry extra fat weight, it also means you’re estrogen is more than likely higher than it should be.
“Legs without shape, or tone, no musculature, a lack of lines, or tightness, and a butt that understood gravity oh too well was just fine for women. Frumpy and dumpy was sexy right?”
Nowadays, its cool to be fit, lean and trim, way into your 40s. ‘Mom Jeans’ and the ‘Mom Bod’ have evolved for the better, healthier and stronger. The high-waisted skinny jean is hot, and requires a hot set of legs too!
No woman wants the body that fits into an ugly pair of jeans, but they certainly want the one that fits into jeans that create body-hugging curves, show off a tight ass and attract the opposite sex, no matter what their age or status!
Here are 5 Workout Tips to Get You Skinny Jean Worthy Legs:
- Split Your Leg Training Up – commit to training your legs 2 times per week with weights, and at least 1 once with cardio. Split weights into hamstrings and glutes on one day and quads on another day.
- Train Moderately – most women have a lot of their weight in their legs to begin with, because our centre of gravity is between our hips. Making it easy for us to gain muscle in our lower halves. It’s unnecessary to train super heavy, instead train with a moderate amount of volume.
- Keep Reps High – perform at least 15 to 20 reps when performing leg workouts, lower rep ranges will develop bulkier legs instead of keeping them lean and trim. Train your legs for endurance.
- Combo Workouts – combine compound movements with conditioning workouts. Most women have super endurance in their legs because they have a higher storage of fat! Combine squats with a bar with pop squats. Try leg press with box jumps.
- Cardio – don’t wimp out on the cardio, its very important when it comes to keep us fitting into those jeans. Use HIIT, and MISS – that’s high intensity intervals with moderate intensity sessions. Don’t like the treadmill try a class instead. Make sure you’re sweating and get your heart rate up! Aim for at least 65% of your max HR – that’s 220 – your age x 65%.
What You’ll Need:
- Box or Platform made for Jumping On
- Free Weights
- Exercise Ball
- Some Machines if Access
- Proper Workout Wear
- Cross Trainers with Flexible Soles
- SmartPhone with Motivational Music – my choice Markus Schulz!
The Skinny Jeans Workout:
- Perform 4 sets of 15 to 20 reps for each exercise
- Allow 48 hours between workouts
- Warm-up using light cardio or light reps before beginning the workout
Workout 1 – Quad Focus:
- Barbell Squats
- In and Out Pop Squats
- Step Ups with Dumbbells
- Leg Press
- Walking Lunges with Medicine Ball
- Leg Extensions
- Frog Jumps
Workout 2 – Ham and Booty Focus:
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts with Barbell
- Reverse Split Jump Lunges
- Standing Leg Curls
- Hip Thrusts with Barbell
- Leg Curls with Exercise Ball
- Leg Lifts on Exercise Ball with Glute Squeeze
- Glute Kickbacks
Want more workouts for a hotter body? Get a 12-Week Sexy, Strong, Fit Workout Here.Hot Body Workout!
Until Next Time….
Be Fierce & Rule the World,